Open Heaven Topic:
PRAYERS FOR ELDERS
And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. – Isaiah 46:4 (KJV)
1 Peter 5:1-4 (NIV)
1 To the elders among you, I appeal as a fellow elder and a witness of Christ’s sufferings who also will share in the glory to be revealed:
2 Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve;
3 not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock.
4 And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.
Open Heaven 5 May 2023 Message
1. Father, thank You for our elders. Thank You Lord, for giving them long life and good health.
2. Father, please forgive all the sins our elders may have committed in the past so that they can have peace in their old age.
3. Father, please give our elders wisdom and understanding to counsel the younger ones correctly.
4. Please Lord, if there is any elder who has not surrendered his or her life to You, please let them encounter You so that they can make it to heaven.
5. Father, please comfort any elder who is lonely. Please Lord bring people around them who will show them love and care.
6. Father, please give our elders good health. Don’t let the diseases that are common to old people come upon the elders around us, Lord.
7. Father, don’t let the godly efforts of our elders go to waste. Let their children carry on their legacy successfully.
8. Father, we ask for unity between elders and youths. Whatever may have caused disunity between elders and youths in families, Churches or communities is destroyed now, in Jesus’ name.
9. Father, please answer the prayers of our elders by fire, in Jesus’ name. James 5:14 says we should go to the elders for prayers when we are sick. As they pray for us Lord, please let their prayers be answered speedily, in Jesus’ name.
10. Father, let our elders leave a good inheritance for us. Let only blessings flow from them to the younger ones, in Jesus’ name.
11. Father, please bless every child who desires to care for his or her parents but does not have the means, in Jesus’ name.
12. Your personal prayer points for the elders in your family, Church and community.
Open Heaven Hymn:
Sweet Hour Of Prayer
Bible in One Year:
1 Chronicles 20, 1 Chronicles 21, 1 Chronicles 22, 1 Chronicles 23